Saturday, September 22, 2012

Playful In The Pines

Pine Warbler, 6 x 6 x 1.5",  oil on canvas ©2012, Fay Terry



This little guy caught my attention early this morning when my husband and I were walking the trail around Reservoir Park.  We passed a small skinny pine tree that looked like a Charlie Brown Christmas  tree and this bird was hopping from branch to branch happily enjoying the early morning sunshine and chirping away.
I surprised myself with some recently acquired bird identification skills.  While I am not really a bird watching enthusiast, I have always had an appreciation for songbirds and knew names of a good many birds.  Since I have been painting them, I am looking them up when I photograph them and there seem to be lots of pine warblers in this area. 
 I guess that's to be expected in an area that has so many towns with names like Pinehurst, Southern Pines, Whispering Pines, and Pine Bluff.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!