Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Enjoying The Sun

Sitting On A Fig Branch, 5 x 7 " oil on panel, ©2012, Fay Terry



We've had two days now with no rain and the birds are much more visible and singing more.  I guess they like the sun as much as I do. It's pretty easy to take the birds for granted but some days they are hard to ignore, which makes me really appreciate the background music they provide. I always love painting them and pushing the colors I see in their feathers. I like to make them a little less realistic with a few colorful embellishments.

In other news, I forgot to mention how great the Friday night reception and art walk was in Southport.  I think all the locals were out on Howe street enjoying the galleries and the live music at Howe Amazing, a cool new gallery in town.
  I was so excited to see such a great turnout at Franklin Square Gallery where Kimberly Caroon, the featured potter, and I had a great time greeting friends both old and new.
I got to meet a couple of collectors who had purchased my paintings from this blog.  For the first time ever, I forgot to bring my camera, so I missed out on photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!