Saturday, December 6, 2014

Run, Run

Gingerbread Man, 4 x 4 " oil on gessobord panel, ©2014, Fay Terry

$75, FREE SHIPPING
click to purchase

This cute little guy is based on some Christmas tree ornaments I made years ago when Bill and I were first married. I did a lot of sewing in those days, even made all my own clothes from Vogue patterns. I  loved embroidery, which almost every one of these stuffed fabric ornaments required. I still have all of them; they have held up amazingly well. The others are Santas, stockings, and Christmas tree balls, all vintage 1970's.  I guess I am getting nostalgic this year; maybe I will paint some more of them!

1 comment:

  1. I love this. I made lots of fabric ornaments in the 70's also. Most are still being used. It's funny how many things we have in common.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!