Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pinehurst Pine Cone

Long-leaf Pine Cone, 6 x 6 " oil on archival panel, ©2014, Fay Terry

Available framed at ONE ELEVEN MAIN
SOLD



While I was painting this, the words of the state toast kept running through my mind. I could not remember all the verses but the first verse is forever etched in my mind from my North Carolina History class in elementary school.

Here's to the land of the Long-leaf Pine
The Summer Land where the sun doth shine
Where the weak grow strong and the strong grow great
Here's to "Down Home," the Old North State.

There are actually folks around here who sell and ship these large North Carolina pine cones, some of them even painted bright colors or dipped in glitter. Personally, I prefer the natural version like the one above which we are constantly picking up all over the yard. It's great exercise!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!