Monday, February 24, 2014

Final version

Roses, 24 x 24 x 1.5 ", oil on wrapped canvas, ©2014, Fay Terry

I posted this a few days ago before it was completely finished. I made a large number of little changes all over the painting and I am much happier with it now. It will be available in the Spring Show at Franklin Square Gallery when the gallery reopens for the season on March 3. There will be a reception on Friday, March 7th, for the show which runs through March 22. Please stop by if you are in the Southport, NC area.

4 comments:

  1. Fay this work takes my breath away. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fay, this is so beautiful. The rose are phenom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Fay! You nailed it. At first I noticed the painterly roses with a great range of values. Then I noticed the vase that reads as a lovely piece of pottery due to the painterly details on the little handles and neck. And then I saw those leaves on the lower right side of the floral arrangement. Those are sweet. You've got great greens and values throughout your greenery. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!