Monday, December 12, 2011

Miracle-Gro Really Works!






Miracle-Gro Really Works!

I was so happy when one of my collectors dropped off this painting with me this morning.
It is from when I was just starting out about six years ago and I had not taken a photo of it.  This is a 24x36" canvas so these truly are giant zinnias. I am going to varnish this one and can't wait to see the effect with a little bit of shine on the color.  I would love to hear from some of you artists on good varnish to use, and any tips you can give me.  Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. all i can tell you is about the beauty of this painting. the technical experts can advice about the varnish to be used and i can only admire the beauty...

    wish you all the best...

    ReplyDelete
  2. For being one of your first painting it is really gorgeous, wonderful bold and fearless colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this painting..Zinnias are my FAVE...a little clear acrylic medium might shine it up a bit but needs nothing

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful painting, Ms. Fay! Love the colors. I use GamVar and like it a lot but it is a bit pricey.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!