Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Farmer's Market

Farmer's Market, Aberdeen, NC, 20 x 24"oil on canvas, ©Fay Terry

This painting was done about seven years ago when we began having Farmer's Market Days in various spots in Moore County. I painted most of this en plein air on a sweltering day in early summer. The boxes on the table were full of sweet potatoes. 
I was very happy with the way the painting turned out and I now have it hanging on the brick wall on our screened porch. Some paintings are meant to stay with the artist, I guess.
I am looking forward to painting more scenes like this.

1 comment:

  1. I am also a Farmer's Marketer and I love to paint scenes from there. Don't know how you did it in that heat though.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!