Monday, November 19, 2012

Back To Birds

Winter Bird, 5 x 7 " oil on archival panel, ©2012, Fay Terry


I have taken more photos of birds recently as they seem to be everywhere outside right now. This cutie looks pretty well fed and plump.
I am jumping around with my subject matter for daily paintings and I can see that art parallels life.
The  days feel strange while I am without the comfortable familiarity of a kitchen.  This seems like camping out with too few of the conveniences of home. I am excited about the end result of tearing out the old kitchen and starting over but I am having a hard time remembering that I have no cabinets, sink, countertops or appliances, especially when I walk in the kitchen to get something. It is like flipping on a light switch and then remembering the power is off.
It certainly does make me realize how much I can be thankful for because my situation is only temporary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!