Sunday, April 29, 2012

Out Of Hibernation

Fay Terry, BULLFROG BUDDY, 6 x 6" oil on gessobord panel, ©2012

This is your Saturday painting for the day which I forgot to post yesterday!
 I remember sitting down at my computer to write and it was not until I was falling asleep in another city last night that I realized I had been called away to do something else. Alas, my computer was at home.
The bullfrogs in our little koi pond came out of their winter sleep a little early this spring. They love sunning themselves on the rock ledge above the water. I am fascinated by them and love their deep throaty calls.  Here are a few facts about these beautiful creatures.

Bullfrogs lay up to 20,000 eggs in huge sheets attached to underwater plants.
They are most active at night and their loud call can be heard up to a quarter of a mile.
Bullfrogs are the largest frogs in North America.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!