Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Are you a budding artist?


Fay Terry, BLOOMS AND BUDS, 6 x 6 " oil on gessobord, ©2012


When I choose plants, I always look for one with good potential, and to me that means plenty of buds.  It reminds me of the notion that we call someone who is starting out and learning a skill a"budding" musician, artist, writer, or other title. Now, mind you, they may not be blooming yet, but they are filled with the possibility of becoming something wonderful which they have chosen to aim for.
We can all help these folks whether they are six or sixty simply by encouraging them.  I also plan to encourage this orchid that my sweet husband bought me by taking really good care of it so these buds will one day be blooming.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!